Colchester St Leonard
". . .The living of St. Leonard's is a discharged rectory, rated in the king's books at £10, endowed with £200 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Balliol College, Oxford; the church is a spacious structure in good preservation. . ." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
"The Church of St Leonard at the Hythe is a redundant Anglican church in Hythe, Colchester, Essex, England.................." [wikipedia]
Andrew Clark ,“Essex and Balliol College”, Essex Review, January 1912, vol XXI, pp 9-15 includes biographical details of the Rectors of Tendring 1720-1908, Marks Tey 1722-1884, All Saints 1751-1851, St Leonards 1761-1870, and Holy Trinity 1766-1839.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Colchester St Leonard to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Colchester St Leonard has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM013247 (Lat/Lon: 51.884305, 0.922907), Colchester St Leonard which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)