PEBWORTH, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"PEBWORTH, a parish in the upper division of Kiftsgate hundred, county Gloucester, 5½ miles N. by W. of Chipping-Campden, its post town, and 2 from Honeybourne railway station, on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton line. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The parish includes the hamlet of Broad Marston. There are several mineral springs of excellent quality, resembling the Cheltenham waters. The surface is partially hilly, and the soil a stony rich clay. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £98. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, has a tower containing four bells. W. B. Shekel, Esq., is lord of the manor."
"BROAD MARSTON, a hamlet in the parish of Pebworth, upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, county Gloucester, 6 miles N.W. of Chipping Campden:"
"BROAD-MARSTON, a hamlet in the parish of Pebworth, hundred of Kiftsgate, in the county of Gloucester, 4 miles to the N. of Chipping Campden. It is on the border of Worcestershire, near the Stratford branch of the West Midland railway"
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]