The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"GOLD SHAW BOOTH, a township in the parish of Whalley, higher division of the hundred of Blackburn, county palatine Lancaster, 5 miles N.W. of Burnley. Whalley is its post town. It is situated in Pendle Forest, and is the centre of a new ecclesiastical district, including Old Lund Booth, Rough Lee Booth, and Barley-with-Wheatly Booth. The people are mostly employed in spinning yarn. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £135. The church is a modern stone structure dedicated to St. Mary. The Wesleyans have a chapel. The Duke of Buccleuch is lord of the manor."