1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"WOODPLUMPTON, a chapelry in the parish of St. Michael-on-Wyre, county Lancaster, 4 miles N.W. of Preston, its post town, and 3 S.W. of Garstang. It is situated on the line of the Lancaster railway and canal, near the river Wyre, the mouth of which forms a harbour. The union poorhouse is situated here. The village, which is considerable, contains many new houses. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £140, in the patronage of the Vicar of St. Michael-on-Wyre. The parochial charities produce about £37 per annum, of which £23 goes to Catforth school.