National Gazetteer (1868) - Kingsley
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"KINGSLEY, a parish in the hundred of Alton, county Hants, 4 miles S.E. of Alton, its post town, 8 S.W. of Farnham, and 5 S.W. of the Bentley railway station. The village is situated on the road from London to Portsmouth. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in making agricultural machines. The land is partly in hops. The living is a vicarage not in charge, annexed to the vicarage* of Binstead, in the diocese of Winchester. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, has a pointed tower containing two bells. Lord Sherbourne is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]