"LINKENHOLT, a parish in the hundred of Pastrow, county Hants, 10 miles N. of Andover, its post town, 8 S.E. of Great Bedwin, and 10 S.W. of Newbury. The parish is wholly agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £168. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value £213. The church is a small ancient structure dedicated to St. Peter. There is a free school supported by the Rev. John Morton Colson, who is lord of the manor. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Linkenholt to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Linkenholt has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Linkenholt from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU365579 (Lat/Lon: 51.319427, -1.477318), Linkenholt which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)