National Gazetteer (1868) - Morestead
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"MORESTEAD, a parish in the lower half of Fawley hundred, Winchester division county Hants, 3 miles S.E. of Winchester, its post town and nearest railway station, and 7 N.W. of Bishop's Waltham. The village, which is small, is wholly agricultural. The parish includes the extra parochial place of No Man's Land. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value £180, in the patronage of the bishop. The church has an open belfry containing one bell. There is a school partly supported by subscription."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]