"NORTH WALTHAM, a parish in the hundred of Overton, county Hants, 6 miles S.W. of Basingstoke. The village is situated near the line of the South-Western railway. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value £380, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, has been recently enlarged. There is a National school. The parochial charities produce about £14 per annum. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from North Waltham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which North Waltham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for North Waltham from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU564466 (Lat/Lon: 51.215859, -1.193648), North Waltham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)