"OVER WALLOP, a parish in the hundred of Thorngate, county Hants, 7 miles S.W. of Andover. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester, value £850. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, contains several monuments. There is a village school. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Over Wallop to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Over Wallop has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Over Wallop from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU275392 (Lat/Lon: 51.151837, -1.608467), Over Wallop which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)