"ROTHERWICK, a parish in the lower half division of Odiham hundred, county Hants, 3 miles N.W. of Odiham, 4 S.W. of Hartford-Bridge, and 4 from Winchfield station on the London and South Western railway. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. About half the land is arable, and the remainder in meadow, pasture, woodland, and common. Tylney Hall, the ancient seat of the Tylney family, has been taken down, but the park is preserved. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £370. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Winchester, value £300, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is an ancient structure, and contains some monuments to the Tylney family. There is an endowed school. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]