"UP NATELY, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Basingstoke, county Hants, 4½ miles E. of Basingstoke, its post town, and 3 N.E. of Odiham. The parish, which is inconsiderable, is wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage* of Basingstoke, in the diocese of Winchester. The church, which was erected in 1843, is dedicated to St. Stephen. There is a school for both sexes. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Up Nately to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Up Nately has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Up Nately from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU697515 (Lat/Lon: 51.258717, -1.001816), Up Nately which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)