"WEST TISTED, a parish in the hundred of Bishop's-Sutton, county Hants, 8 miles S.W. of Alton. The village is situated about a mile off the London and Gosport road. The surface is undulating, and the soil a flinty earth upon a substratum of chalk. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Winchester, value £60 in the patronage of Magdalen College, Oxford. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from West Tisted to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which West Tisted has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for West Tisted from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU662291 (Lat/Lon: 51.057849, -1.056404), West Tisted which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)