National Gazetteer (1868) - Wolverton
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"WOLVERTON, a parish in the lower division of Kingsclere hundred, county Hants, 1½ mile E. of Kingsclere. The village is situated on the road from Basingstoke to Kingsclere. The soil is generally clayey, on a substratum of chalk and loam; but in some parts it is wet and sandy. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, -.al. £300. The church is dedicated to St. Catherine. The charities produce £20 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]