Hide

Collington, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"COLLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Boxash, in the county of Hereford, 12 miles from the Woofferton railway station, and 4 N. of Bromyard, its post town. The subsoil is limestone, and part of the land is in hops. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Edwin Ralph, in the diocese of Hereford, in the patronage of W. L. Childe, Esq. The old church, dedicated to All Saints, having fallen into decay, a new church was erected in 1856 in the early English style, on a more central site. Edmund Higginson, Esq., is lord of the manor."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]