"DEWCHURCH (LITTLE), a parish in the upper division of the hundred of WORMELOW, county of HEREFORD, 6 miles (S.by E.) from Hereford, containing 330 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Lugwardine, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford. The chapel is dedicated to St. David." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Little Dewchurch from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Little Dewchurch to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Little Dewchurch has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO532319 (Lat/Lon: 51.983189, -2.682552), Little Dewchurch which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)