Hide

Pixley, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"PIXLEY, a parish in the hundred of Radlow, county Hereford, 4 miles N.W. of Ledbury, its post town. The parish is inconsiderable and wholly agricultural. The land is partly in hop grounds. The surface is generally level, and the soil a stiff clay. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £122, and the glebe comprises 7 acres. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford, value £102. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. The parochial charities amount to about £1 a year."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]