The Therfield.net site run by Martin Hagger is for transcripts of primary source data relating to Therfield. At the moment it contains transcripts of the 1841, 1851 and 1861 census returns for Therfield.
The Parish Registers for the periods:-
- Baptisms - 1538-1988
- Marriages - 1538-1982
- Burials - 1538-1948
- Bishop's Transcripts - 1604-1869
are deposited at Hertfordshire Record Office, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8DE. [D/P107]
Entries from the Marriage Registers for the period 1538-1837 are included in The Allen Index at Hertfordshire Record Office.
The period 1538-1850 is covered by the IGI.
Transcripts of the parish registers for the period 1538-1948 are deposited at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road, LONDON, EC1M 7BA.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Therfield to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Therfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL334371 (Lat/Lon: 52.016297, -0.057498), Therfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)