OFFORD CLUNY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1932.
"OFFORD CLUNY lies to the east of the River Ouse and south of Godmanchester. The parish is low-lying and near the river which is liable to flood. It rises, however, to 150 ft. on its eastern boundary. The soil is clay and gravel and the sub-soil is clay growing wheat, barley, turnips and beans.
The village lies on the road from St Neots to Godmanchester, a little to the north of the boundary between the two Offords, where this line joins the Ouse (the western boundary of the parish) just below Offord Common and the weirs and boat-houses south of Buckden Mills. Offord Cluny church stands in the village east of the main road. There are some interesting old houses and cottages in the village."