Churches are listed under Holborn
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BLOOMSBURY, a parish included within the borough of Finsbury, London, in the county of Middlesex, about 1 mile to the N.E. of St. Paul's. It formed part of the adjoining parish of St. Giles until 1730, when, on the erection of St. George's church, it was severed, and constituted an independent parish by authority of parliament." (There is more of this description).
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bloomsbury to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bloomsbury has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ303822 (Lat/Lon: 51.523692, -0.123222), Bloomsbury which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)