St Botolph Without Aldgate
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"ST. BOTOLPH WITHOUT ALDGATE, (or East Smithfield) a liberty in the Tower division of the hundred of Ossulstone, in the county of Middlesex, 1 mile to the E. of St. Paul's. It is the site of the Royal Mint, and contains part of St. Katherine's Docks.
"GLASSHOUSE YARD, an extra parochial liberty in the parish of St. Botolph , Aldersgate, London, in the Finsbury division of the hundred of Ossulstone, county Middlesex. [Not marked on all 2003 street maps. It is on the West side of Goswell Road just where it runs into Aldersgate, and just North of Barbican underground station. ]"
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St Botolph Without Aldgate to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which St Botolph Without Aldgate has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ340807 (Lat/Lon: 51.509348, -0.070491), St Botolph Without Aldgate which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)