Kelly's Directory of Norfolk 1933
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
ROUDHAM is a parish lying in a vale, 1¾ miles east from Roudham Junction station on the Thetford and Norwich section of the London and North Eastern railway, and 6 north-east from Thetford, in the Southern division of the county, Guiltcross and Shropham petty sessional division, hundred of Shropham, rural district of Wayland, Thetford county court district, rural deanery of Rockland, archdeaconry of Norfolk and diocese of Norwich.
The church of St. Andrew was long since destroyed by fire, but the walls and windows and the greater part of the ancient tower still remain: the inhabitants attend Bridgham church. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Bridgham, joint net yearly value £459, with 22 acres of glebe, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor and Percy Musker esq. and held since 1932 by the Rev. John Blakeney King M.A. of Dublin University, who resides at Bridgham.
Percy Musker esq. is lord of the manor and chief landowner. The soil is light loam; subsoil, chalk and gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley, turnips and rye. The area is 2,918 acres; the population in 1921 was 162.
Letters through East Harling, Norwich. The nearest Money Order & Telegraph office is at East Harling.
(Roudham need not be added to names for Harling Road Station.)
(For T N see general list of Private Residents at end of book.)
Musker Percy Roudham hall
Backlog Wm. carrier, Harling Road station
Coller R. & Sons Limited coal merchants, Harling Road Station
Mann Jn. C. (Jsph. Roberts Ware, mngr.), miller,
Harling Road Station
Mellish Alfd. H. Railway inn, Harling Road Station
Fison, Packard & Prentice Ltd. maltsters, Harling Road Station
The Telephone Number for Percy Musker was East Harling 11.
See also the Roudham parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.