CHETWYND: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"CHETWYND, a parish in the Newport division of the hundred of Bradford South; a rectory in charge, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry of Salop. 91 houses, 566 inhabitants. 1/4 mile north of Newport."

" CHETWYND ASTON, a township in the parish of Chetwynd, and in the Newport division of the hundred of Bradford South. 60 houses, 291 inhabitants."

" HOWLE, a township in the parish of Chetwynd, and in the Drayton division of the hundred of Bradford North. 4 miles north- west of Newport."

" PILSON, a township in the parish of Chetwynd, and in the hundred of Bradford North."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]