GRINSHILL: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
"GRINSHILL, a parish within the liberty of SHREWSBURY, county of SALOP, 7 miles (N. N. E.) from Shrewsbury, containing 214 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £200 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant. John Wood, Esq. was patron in 1814. the church is dedicated to All Saints. Here are noted quarries of white freestone, of which considerable quantities have been supplied for the erection of churches, bridges, and other edifices in the neighbourhood."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]