"KINNERSLEY, a parish in the hundred of South Bradford, county Salop, 5 miles N.E. of Wellington. It is a small agricultural place, situated near the Shrewsbury and Newport canal. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £340. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Lichfield, value £442. The church is an ancient structure dedicated to St. Chad. There is a school, supported by subscription. About half a mile from the village is a British encampment called the Wall."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcript of the Kinnersley parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Kinnersley parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kinnersley to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kinnersley has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ673167 (Lat/Lon: 52.746924, -2.485855), Kinnersley which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)