"LINLEY, a parish in the franchise of Wenlock, and archdeaconry of Salop, holden with Broseley. 19 houses, 96 inhabitants. 2½ miles south-east of Broseley."
" CAUGHLEY, a township in the parish of Linley, and in the franchise of Wenlock. 6 miles east of Wenlock."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]