Hide

RUYTON OF THE ELEVEN TOWNS: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

hide
Hide

"RUYTON OF THE ELEVEN TOWNS (or RUYTON), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Oswestry, a vicarage discharged, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 168 houses, 862 inhabitants. 9 miles north-west of Shrewsbury.

" EARDISTON, a township in the parish of Ruyton of the Eleven Towns, and in the lower division of the hundred of Oswestry. 6 miles south-east of Oswestry."

" HAUGHTON, a township in the parish of Ruyton of the Eleven Towns, and in the hundred of Oswestry."

" SHELVOCK, a township in the parish of Ruyton of the eleven towns, and in the hundred of Oswestry."

" SHOTATTON, a township in the parish of Ruyton of the eleven towns, and in the lower division of the hundred of Oswestry. 7 miles south- east of Oswestry."

" WIKEY, a township in the parish of Ruyton of the Eleven Towns, and in the hundred of Oswestry."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]