RUYTON OF THE ELEVEN TOWNS: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
"RUYTON OF THE ELEVEN TOWNS, a parish in the hundred of OSWESTRY, county of SALOP, 10 miles (N. W.) from Shrewsbury, containing 862 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £5. IS., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The river Perry runs on the eastern side of the parish."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]