"SIBDON CARWOOD (or SIBDON CASTLE), a parish in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow, a curacy, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Clun, and archdeaconry of Salop. 10 houses, 61 inhabitants. The residence of J.T. Baxter, Esq. 7 miles south-east of Bishopscastle.
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]