"POSLINGFORD, a parish in the hundred of Risbridge, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.E. of Clare, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on a branch of the river Stour, and is wholly agricultural. In the neighbourhood are the ruins known as Chipley Abbey, now converted into a farm dwelling. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £100. The church was reseated in 1852, and has been lately restored. The parochial charities produce about £20 per annum. S. Wear, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Poslingford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Poslingford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL772489 (Lat/Lon: 52.109766, 0.585966), Poslingford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)