St Peter South Elmham
"SOUTH ELMHAM ST. PETER, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 1 mile to the N.E. of St. Nicholas South Elmham, and 4 miles S. of Bungay. The living is a rectory annexed to that of St. Margaret. The church is an ancient structure with square embattled tower. There are charities for the poor producing nearly £10 per annum. Sir It. Adair is lord of the manor. St. Peter's Hall, the old seat of the Tasburghs, is now a farmhouse.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St Peter South Elmham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which St Peter South Elmham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM334850 (Lat/Lon: 52.413204, 1.430283), St Peter South Elmham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)