"STOVEN, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 2½ miles N.W. of Wangford, its post town, and 5½ N.W. of Southwold. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £69. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, has traces of Norman architecture. The parochial charities produce about £9 per annum, realised from town estates. The Earl of Stradbroke is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stoven to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stoven has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM446822 (Lat/Lon: 52.382801, 1.592331), Stoven which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)