"STOW UPLAND, a parish in the hundred of Stow, county Suffolk, 1 mile from Stowmarket, its post town and railway station, and 13 miles from Ipswich. The soil is heavy, but productive. There are chemical manure works. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Stowmarket, in the diocese of Norwich. The Wesleyans and Independents have chapels. There is a Sunday-school. Upland Hall is the principal residence. Lord Ashburnham is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stowupland to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stowupland has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM069602 (Lat/Lon: 52.2015, 1.026738), Stowupland which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)