"WHIXOE, a parish in the hundred of Risbridge, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.W. of Clare. The village is situated on the river Stour. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £200."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Whixoe to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Whixoe has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL715436 (Lat/Lon: 52.064317, 0.500527), Whixoe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)