Burnham on Sea
- Details of Somerset Heritage Centre holdings relating to this parish.
- Edithmead is a small hamlet near Burnham-on-Sea. It is the subject of a book by Phyllis Wyatt: "A Somerset Childhood" published in 1989 by The Dovecote Press Ltd, Stanbridge, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 4JD. ISBN 0 946159726. "A delightful and often moving portrait of growing up in rural Somerset between the two wars"
- Mike Durtnall's website includes some church register transcripts for this parish.
- The section of The National Gazetteer (1868) relating to this parish - transcribed by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Burnham on Sea to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Burnham on Sea has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The Ordnance Survey 1:10560 County Series 1st edition (c.1884-1887) map of the area provided by Somerset Heritage Centre.
- The Ordnance Survey 1:10560 County Series 2nd edition (c.1900) map of the area provided by Somerset Heritage Centre.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST305494 (Lat/Lon: 51.239351, -2.996693), Burnham on Sea which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)