- Old Cleeve Baptismal, Marriage and Burial Transcripts provided by Martin Southwood.
- ROADWATER: A hamlet in Old Cleeve district Somerset on the West Somerset mineral railway 4 miles SW of Watchet. (Watchet is a small seaport, terminal of the railway and 17 miles NW of Taunton). (Source: Imperial Gazetteer, 1871, publ. White. Information provided by Josie Taylor)
- The section of The National Gazetteer (1868) relating to this parish - transcribed by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Old Cleeve to another place.
- Free look-ups are offered in various sources for Old Cleeve parish, including:
- Parish Registers from 1660
- Census Records 1841-1891
- Some PCC and other wills
- Lay Subsidy and Protestation Returns 1641/2
Most of these records have not yet been indexed. for further details or with specific queries.
You can see the administrative areas in which Old Cleeve has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The Ordnance Survey 1:10560 County Series 1st edition (c.1884-1887) map of the area provided by Somerset Heritage Centre.
- The Ordnance Survey 1:10560 County Series 2nd edition (c.1900) map of the area provided by Somerset Heritage Centre.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST039419 (Lat/Lon: 51.167827, -3.376408), Old Cleeve which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)