National Gazetteer (1868) - Woolverton
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"WOOLVERTON, a parish in the hundred of Frome, county Somerset, 4 miles N.E. of Frome, and 9 from Bath, near the western bank of the river Frome, and on the road from Bath to Warminster. The soil is light and thin, upon a subsoil of clay. The parish includes the tything of Chatley. The living is a rectory* annexed to that of Road, on the opposite side of the river, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The register commences in 1570. There are National and Sunday schools."[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
"CHATLEY, a tything in the parish of Woolverton, in the hundred of Frome, in the county of Somerset, 4 miles N. of Frome."
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]