Bramshall in 1817
Description from A Topographical History of Staffordshire by William Pitt (1817)
Bramshall is a small parish and village, about three miles w.s.w. of Uttoxeter. The number of houses in the whole parish, in 1811, amounted to 20, inhabited by 23 families. Males 76, females 79: total of inhabitants 155.
The village is situated on the summit of an eminence, and contains some good substantial farm-houses, and smaller tenements.
The Church is a Gothic structure of stone, with a small wooden belfry, containing three bells. The edifice itself might easily be mistaken for a barn when viewed from the turnpike-road, and its belfry for a dove-cote. It is dedicated to St Lawrence, and is a rectory under the patronage of Lord Willoughby de Broke. The present rector is the Rev. Sneyd, and his curate, the Rev. Thomas Astle, resides at Uttoxeter.
This parish is fertile, and productive of abundance of corn and grass.