St Anne's church, in St Anne's Road, Willenhall was built as a mission church in 1858 by Henry Jevons, in memory of his first wife and was subsequently enlarged and consecrated as the parish church of a new parish on St George's Day, 23rd April 1861. The first vicar of the new parish was the Rev CB Twiss who left in 1867 for St Luke's Bilston.
The church is a plain but substantial building of stone, consisting of a chancel, nave, north aisle, north porch, and a small western tower containing one bell. In 1904 new vestries and an organ chamber were built.
The oaken chapel screen, dedicated 13th December 1906 is a memorial to Mrs Lavinia Brown of Tettenhall and the font, of alabaster, dedicated 10th February 1907, is a memorial to Dennis Minors. In 1909 altar rails of Caen stone and alabaster were erected as a memorial to the Rev William Latimer Ward, MA, vicar of St Anne's from 1880 to 1908.
A lady chapel was added in 1920 and the altar in this is a memorial to the parishioners who fell in the Great War, 1914-18.
The church is described in Nikolaus Pevsner's 'The Buildings of England - Staffordshire' as "1856-8 by H Jeavons, an amateur. A curious exterior, as if the plan were two-naved. In fact it is nave and chancel and a wide north aisle; only the chancel is much narrower than the nave"
The living is a vicarage, in the gift of four trustees.
Photograph of St Anne's Church (1) May 2003
Photograph of St Anne's Church (2) May 2003