"TIDMINGTON, a parish in the upper division of Oswaldslow hundred, county Worcester, but locally in the Kington division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 1 mile S.E. of Shipston, its post town. The village is situated on the river Stour, and formed part of Tredington till 1720, when the rectory of the old parish was divided into three, forming the parishes of Tidmington, Shipston, and Tredington. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Shipston-upon-Stour, in the diocese of Worcester. Tidmington Hall is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]