"BAVERSTOCK, a parish in the hundred of Cawden and Cadworth, in the county of Wilts, 7 miles to the W. of Salisbury. It is situated on the banks of the river Nadder, a little above its junction with the Wily. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £296, in the patronage of the Rector and Fellows of Exeter College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Edith."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a Church Records and Indexes for Wiltshire, including a complete Marriage Index for the county.
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Baverstock, St Edith:
Wiltshire Parish Records, Volume 1 - Salisbury on CD-ROM from S & N Genealogy Supplies includes marriage records from Salisbury (St Thomas 1570-1812 and St Edmund 1559-1837), Baverstock 1559-1812, Norton 1663-1812 and Colerne 1560-1575 and 1640-1651/2.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Baverstock to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Baverstock has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU032330 (Lat/Lon: 51.096699, -1.955437), Baverstock which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)