"BAYDON, a parish in the hundred of Ramsbury, in the county of Wilts, 8 miles to the N.E. of Marlborough. It is on the confines of Berkshire. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Salisbury, value £110, in the patronage of the Rev. A. Meyrick. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The Wesleyans have a chapel here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a National Burial Index 1578-1837
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Baydon to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Baydon has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Baydon from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU277778 (Lat/Lon: 51.498664, -1.601815), Baydon which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)