"BROAD BLUNSDON, a chapelry in the parish of Highworth, hundred of Highworth, Cricklade, and Staple, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles to the W. of Highworth. Bury Blunsdon is a tything in this chapelry The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage of Highworth, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The Roman road to Cirencester passes at the foot of Blunsdon Castle Hill, on which is an extensive circular encampment."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a Wiltshire Index Service Burials 1798-1837
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Broad Blunsdon to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Broad Blunsdon has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU153907 (Lat/Lon: 51.614923, -1.780426), Broad Blunsdon which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)