"CALSTONE-WELLINGTON, (or Calstonewillington), a parish in the hundred of Calne, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles to the S.E. of Calne, its post town. The manor was anciently held by the Cantilupes, Zouches, and Willingtons. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £192, in the patronage of the Marquis of Lansdowne. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a Wiltshire Index Service Burials 1800-1837
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Calstone Wellington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Calstone Wellington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Calstone Wellington from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU025680 (Lat/Lon: 51.411412, -1.965566), Calstone Wellington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)