"CHICKLADE, a parish in the hundred of Dunworth, in the county of Wilts, 1 mile N. of Hindon, its post town, and 7 from Warminster. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £230, patron the Marquis of Bath. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a neat edifice with tower. The register commences 1721. Here is a free school. John Candy, Esq., is lord of the, manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a IGI Chr 1721-1812 Batch C152261, Mar 1721-1781 Batch 152261
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chicklade to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Chicklade has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Chicklade from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST908345 (Lat/Lon: 51.110093, -2.133107), Chicklade which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)