Codford St Peter
"CODFORD ST. PETER, a parish in the hundred of Heytesbury, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles S.E. of Heytesbury, its post town. It has a railway station on the Wilts and Somerset branch of the Great Western line. The parish contains the townships of Ashton-Gifford and Codford. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £380, in the patronage of Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is chiefly in the Norman style of architecture, with a stone pulpit. There is a National school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a VRI Chr 1611-1880, some from BTs
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Codford St Peter to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Codford St Peter has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST968414 (Lat/Lon: 51.171509, -2.047104), Codford St Peter which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)