"HIPPENSCOMBE, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Kinwardstone, county Wilts, 2½ miles N.E. of Chute, and 4 N.E. of Ludgershall."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a Church Records and Indexes for Wiltshire, including a complete Marriage Index for the county.
We do not know of any records for Hippenscombe. Incorporated in Tidworth in 1879.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hippenscombe to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hippenscombe has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Hippenscombe from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU304560 (Lat/Lon: 51.302715, -1.565723), Hippenscombe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)