"MILFORD, a tything in the parishes of Laverstock and Salisbury St. Martin, hundred of Underditch, county Wilts, half a mile E. of Salisbury, of which city it is a suburb."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Milford was a tything in the parish of Laverstock and is 1 mile East of Salisbury. Grid Ref SU160300. Postcode SP1 1PT. Population 489 in 1831
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Milford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Milford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU160300 (Lat/Lon: 51.069111, -1.773025), Milford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)