"SOMERFORD-KEYNES, a parish in the hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 5 miles N.W. of Cricklade, its post town, and 3 N. of the Minety railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Thames, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £261. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has a tower containing six bells. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. There is a school, which is partly free. The Rev. C. Faucett, M.A., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Somerford Keynes is 6 miles W of Cricklade. It was later in Gloucestershire. Grid Ref SU017956. Postcode GL7 6DL. Population 327 in 1831, 305 in 1951.
Common to all parishes is a Wiltshire Index Service Burials 1800-1837
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Somerford Keynes to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Somerford Keynes has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU021958 (Lat/Lon: 51.661263, -1.971702), Somerford Keynes which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)