"WESTPORT, a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, county Wilts, half-a-mile N.W. of Malmesbury, of which it may be considered a suburb. The population in 1861 was 1,615. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value with Brockenborough and Charlton annexed, £320, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, was enlarged in 1841."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Westport St Mary or Westport is NW of Malmesbury and adjacent to it. It included Brokenborough up to 1879. Grid Ref ST925875. Postcode SN16 0DF. Population 1,286 in 1831.