"BADSEY, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Blackenhurst, in the county of Worcester, 2 miles to the S.E. of Evesham, its post town. It lies near the river Avon, and contains the hamlet of Aldington. The silk manufacture, established in the village, employs some of the inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Worcester, value £150, in the patronage of the Principal and Fellows of Christ Church College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. James. The charitable endowments amount to £14. Badsey possesses some mineral springs."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]